Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Almost time to go!

Our team is getting very excited as the date of the trip gets closer and closer. It is finally feeling like a reality! We are having a lock in this weekend so that we can get to some very serious planning time, sorting craft things, working on skits, having fun, getting to know each other better, and just tie up details for our trip. I have been having been talking with Alyona (Lela's right hand "man" and our dear friend) on e-mail and Igor (one of our favorite translators and friends) on facebook. They are praying along with us as we plan and as we follow God's direction.

Please keep us in prayer as we plan and prepare. I don't think we are fully funded yet, but God is providing as we are still receiving donations from those God has called to give. We are so very thankful for you who have given and for you who are praying. Please pray for us to be healthy, full of the Spirit, have safe travel, and for us to follow God's lead in all that we do and say. We also ask that you pray for the children and the directors and couselors so that their hearts will be ready and open for His Word. Many of the orphanage workers have seen us come every year. We want to minister to them and show God's love to them as well.

God is good! All the time! We praise and worship Him for all He is and for all He is doing and all He is going to do.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Sweet friend, we are praying for this trip. I hope it is all you anticipate it to be and more! Please love on Grisha for me. It is hard to believe I will have in my arms soon and he will be home for good. Let's pray that more people will commit to adopt these beautiful children. Keep spreading the word about them. They are the sweetest children and I wish everyone could know them. I am still praying for the rest of the funds to come in. God is faithful. I love you and can't wait to follow this trip. :)

Debora Hoffmann said...

Pam, we'll pray for you and the kids and the counselors. We're excited that you'll all be able to spend time with the kids and show them God's love! Please give special love to "Elaine" for us...she'll be coming to stay with us this summer, but you'll be with her for a few days before she leaves.

Who is Kostya in your sidebar? He looks like a very sweet boy.

Pam DeFrees said...

Kostya is a sweet, sweet boy I met a few years ago. He's one of the kids that I'm with the whole time I'm there. I love him to death! When I first met him he wasn't adoptable but, last summer, the translators told me they think he might be now. I don't know if God is going to open that door, but..WOW! I would LOVE to bring him home with me.
Thank you so much for your prayers Ashley and Debbie! I will give Grisha a huge hello and hug and I will give special love to your "Elaine" for you! :)