Saturday, June 7, 2008

Planning night

Most of the team got together last night at our leader's house and went through all the craft supplies, worked on a dance (we got an arobics work out), and learned sign language to a song. We had a great bonding time and we are getting more and more excited about leaving next week.

The picture of the man holding the puppet is my husband, Bill. This is his first trip to Ukraine and I know God is going to do amazing things through him and to him! The cute things you see on a few people's heads were supposed to be jump ropes. I ordered some things from Oriental Trading and I thought I was ordering jump ropes. They ended up being rope rings instead. The boys all decided that they made cool head gear, so we all wore them the whole evening. I don't think we'll wear them on the plane, as they suggested, however!

Oh, by the way, the puppet did not have braids when we got to the house. Now she is sporting beautiful braids, beads, and a bracelet....We found out Danny has many talents!

Please continue to pray for us as I know you will. Every thing is coming along nicely and God is already moving and preparing hearts.

We have been ministering to this orphan camp the last 5 years and we know that the harvest is here for many of the kids. We also know that we will be planting fresh seeds in others. We pray that the counselors would also be open to the Word.

Pray especially for the director of the camp. If HE received Jesus as his savior...WOW! I can only begin to imagine what God can do with this man.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a fun night! I am so glad your husband is going and I can't wait to hear how God speaks to him and the newcomers! Very awesome! I am praying for all of you!